It quickly became apparent that the Group businesses were very different – not only in terms of products and services but also culture, ways of working and even what stage of the business lifecycle they were at. They were also geographically dispersed, with some 900 employees across the globe.
At the start of 2020, Corant CEO Steve Hearn recognised that the Group needed a shared purpose that would allow the overall business to strategically align in order to capitalise on the significant opportunity in the marketplace. Whilst other organisations were consolidating around one name, Corant wanted to keep the individual brands outward facing to the market whilst bringing a group culture forward to create synergies and productivity improvements.
From the outset, the Delta V team recognised the importance of involving employees at all levels of the business, across multiple territories and brands, at various levels of engagement. This would be crucial in winning hearts and minds and in ensuring that we had captured the broadest possible range of experience and opinions.
By taking part in diagnostic events, creative ideas sessions and strategic clarity workshops with ongoing online cultural assessment and confirmation processes, the Delta V team was able to start extracting the shared values, ambitions and common strategic strands across the Group businesses.
Via a process of careful analysis and refinement, working closely with the business’ leadership team, we were able to identify and gain agreement on a shared purpose and vision for Corant, supported by values, strategic pillars and a target financial outcome.
- Recognisable employer brand positioning built by its own people encompassing a clearly articulated purpose, vision, values, strategic pillars and financial target outcome
- ‘One team’ concept at the top two levels of leadership, with the Executive committed around a shared ambition
- Clear framework for inward decision making
- An actionable plan to help begin the process of truly embedding the purpose and values within the business, building useful relationships and sharing expertise across the Group
- The creation of working teams aligned to the purpose, vision and values with clarity of the strategic intent and key priorities to achieve the financial outcome
Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with participants in the programme reporting feeling positive about the future, excited about opportunities and united in a shared vision for the Group.
Corant has been left with a fantastic strategic platform from which to drive the business forward, further inspiring client confidence, attracting the best talent from around the industry, growing the international footprint, sharing expertise across brands and creating Group operational capability and excellence, particularly around digital and technical requirements.